Thursday, January 19, 2023

Chucky season 3 plot is “very worked out”, more legacy characters could return

As announced a few days ago, the Chucky TV series will be returning for a third season on Syfy and USA Network – and in a new interview shared by USA Network, franchise mastermind Don Mancini confirmed that Chucky season 3 has largely been mapped out already. We might even see more familiar faces from the Child’s Play / Chucky franchise when the show returns!

Mancini has always had a lot of Chucky-related ideas waiting on standby, and he confirmed that if Chucky hadn’t been renewed for season 3 he would have started trying to get another movie together to bring the ideas he had for the season to the screen that way. Luckily, he won’t have to do that… so we might see a musical episode or an animated sequence show up in the series at some point. Mancini said, “I feel incredibly excited and grateful. I mean, as a lifelong horror fan, it was a dream to create a character, a horror character, that would be embraced to the extent that [Chucky] has. So it thrills me. The older I get, the more grateful I feel about it and the more I know how lucky I am to be in that position… still being able to steer the character is lucky, you know? So I don’t take it for granted. I’m as big a fan of Chucky as anyone and as big a Brad Dourif fan, as big a Jennifer Tilley fan, it’s fun for me to be able to help create this material for them to keep doing their thing.

Mancini added that Chucky season 3 is “very worked out“, and when asked if more legacy characters might be showing up in the series he replied, “I can only say stay tuned. But, you know, of course. There are others, there are potentials on deck.

So far the series has brought back Alex Vincent as Andy Barclay, Christine Elise as Kyle, Fiona Dourif as Nica Pierce, of course Brad Dourif as Chucky and Jennifer Tilly as Tiffany Valentine, and Chucky and Tiffany’s offspring Glen / Glenda, who was renamed G.G. by the end of season 2.

Mancini developed Chucky with producer David Kirschner. Mancini and Kirschner are executive producers on Chucky with Harley Peyton, Alex Hedlund, and Nick Antosca.

I really enjoyed the first season of Chucky, but found the more off-the-wall season 2 to be a bit of an endurance challenge to get through. After watching that batch of episodes, I’m more uncertain about season 3 than I am excited about it. But I’ll be watching it regardless.

Are you looking forward to Chucky season 3? Which legacy characters would you like to see show up next? Let us know by leaving a comment below.

Chucky

The post Chucky season 3 plot is “very worked out”, more legacy characters could return appeared first on JoBlo.


No comments:

Post a Comment