“What’s your favorite scary movie?”
It’s spooky season. So, what better time to talk about the Wes Craven classic Scream? Earlier today, some shade was thrown at the fourth entry in the series by franchise composer Marco Beltrami, but the original lit a much-needed fire under the genre. Bloody Disgusting is now reporting that the 1997 pop culture giant is getting a new 4K Blu-ray box set later this year. Unfortunately, it will be released too late for Halloween, but it will be available in time for its 30th anniversary on December 15.
“Cause I wanna know who I’m looking at.”
The set will be an Amazon exclusive and you can pre-order it for $109.99. You may now be asking, why so much? Let’s take a look at what’s included in the box set. Included in the set are:
- Scream on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, and Digital
- Woodsboro Police Department case folder holding two discs
- “Persons of Interest” suspect sheet
- Six collectible suspect Polaroids
- Recreated Woodsboro newspaper article
- Premium archival evidence-kit presentation
Plus, something that the franchise fan site, Hello Sidney, says is “one piece of evidence we’re leaving for you to discover.”
Additionally, the set includes a bloody replica of Casey Becker’s phone from the famous opening scene. The phone is also interactive, where it rings and plays quotes from the movie (presumably from Ghostface).

Marco Beltrami
Deadline is also celebrating the 30th anniversary of the film by catching up with franchise composer Marco Beltrami. Beltrami was asked how he got the gig doing the iconic music for the first film and he replied, “I did this kind of voice, manipulated voice, and electronic tape, and it really resonated with Wes. He liked it, and so he asked me to come in and meet him, and I did. He showed me the beginning of the movie and asked me to score the opening scene, which was that scene where Drew Barrymore gets killed. It’s a kind of a long sequence. He gave me like two days to do it, and I sent it in, and I got the job. And I think the thing that was really cool about it was that he really found that the piece of music that I sent him with that voice really resonated with the emotional content of bringing Sidney’s character to life, and that was, I think, what got me the job.”
The post Scream will have an epic new 30th anniversary 4K Blu-ray set that includes an interactive replica of Drew Barrymore’s phone from the movie appeared first on JoBlo.
No comments:
Post a Comment