The truth is out there, and now it can be built. LEGO has officially unveiled (via Variety) its new The X-Files set, a 1,478-piece collection featuring FBI agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully as minifigures, along with iconic locations and characters from the beloved sci-fi series.
Created as part of LEGO’s fan-driven Ideas line, the new set transforms key elements from The X-Files into a detailed collectible aimed at longtime fans of the 1990s phenomenon. The LEGO Ideas program allows fans to submit original designs, with projects that receive enough community support being considered for official production.
The set includes a detailed recreation of Mulder’s FBI office, a forest clearing investigation scene, and a hovering UFO. Eight minifigures are included: Fox Mulder, Dana Scully, Walter Skinner, Mr. X, Alex Krycek, Carl Busch, The Flukeman, and a grey alien.
Fans will also find numerous references to the series hidden throughout the build, including Mulder’s famous “I Want to Believe” poster, an X-Files dossier, a “The Truth is Out There” tile, pencils stuck in the ceiling of Mulder’s office, and a nod to his sunflower seed habit.
Gillian Anderson, who played Dana Scully throughout the original series and later revival seasons, helped reveal the set and shared her excitement about seeing her character recreated in LEGO form.
“Seeing myself in minifigure form is both surreal and oddly delightful – there’s something very charming about being ‘miniaturised,’” Anderson said in a statement. “The whole set is a brilliant celebration of the X-Files which I hope fans enjoy revisiting in this way – I know I can’t wait to put tiny Scully on my shelf.”
Anderson also appears in a promotional video for the set, which features a new investigation inspired by Scully’s role in the series and leads her to discover the LEGO recreation.
The original concept for the set came from Australian fan designer and 3D artist Brent Waller, who submitted the idea as part of LEGO Ideas’ “’90s Nostalgia Challenge.”
“I was obsessed with The X-Files from the moment I first saw it in the ’90s. I originally built Mulder’s office back in 2014 while rewatching the series, and it grew from there as a personal project,” Waller said in a statement. “I wanted to combine nostalgia, detail and storytelling to capture the atmosphere of the show – from Mulder’s office to the forest and UFO encounter. I’m thrilled to see it become an official LEGO set and hope it resonates with both long-time fans and new audiences.”
The LEGO The X-Files set will retail for $199.99. LEGO Insiders members will receive early access beginning August 1, while the set becomes available to everyone on August 4.
Collectors who purchase the set between August 1 and August 10 will also receive “The X-Files: Scully’s Lab” as a free bonus gift while supplies last. The bonus set recreates details from the FBI National Academy classroom lab and includes a Dana Scully minifigure wearing her lab coat and scrubs.
With its mix of 1990s nostalgia, science fiction mystery, and fan-designed origins, LEGO’s The X-Files set gives longtime viewers a new way to revisit one of television’s most popular paranormal investigation series. Will you be buying this set? Let us know by leaving a comment below.




The post LEGO reveals The X-Files set with Mulder and Scully minifigures, 1,478 pieces, and UFO build appeared first on JoBlo.
No comments:
Post a Comment