Wednesday, July 29, 2026

Kathryn Newton and director Jeff Wadlow talk the challenges of their new shark film, The Devil’s Mouth

I feel like a broken record at this point with my “there’s been a lot of shark movies this year” spiel. It’s gotten pretty out of control but we’re in the deep end and just taking them as they come. Some are okay while others are absolute dumpster fires. Now, Kathryn Newton and Lana Condor are facing off against a bull shark and trying to get out with their lives in The Devil’s Mouth. I like shark movies, so despite the overabundance of them currently, I’ll always be open to giving them a shot. You can check out my review of the film HERE.

I was fortunate enough to spend a little time with Kathryn Newton and Jeff Wadlow discussing the film. Kathryn is one of the most charismatic people I’ve spoken with and she was sure to give horror fans their props. I’ve always been impressed with how actors are able to maintain high energy level during production, especially when it involves action and swimming. Turns out, according to Kathryn, the key is food. Both Jeff and Kathryn are fans of JoBlo so this was a great talk, that you can check out in the embedded video above.

The Devil’s Mouth plot:

A group of college friends’ Thailand adventure turns deadly when they become trapped in submerged caves with a dangerous predator. As oxygen runs low, past conflicts emerge in their desperate fight for survival.

The Devil’s Mouth is streaming on Prime Video on July 29th, 2026.

the devil's mouth

The post Kathryn Newton and director Jeff Wadlow talk the challenges of their new shark film, The Devil’s Mouth appeared first on JoBlo.


No comments:

Post a Comment