Saturday, March 5, 2022

Tom Hiddleston Convinced Charlie Cox to Sneak Into a No Way Home Screening

Daredevil star Charlie Cox credits Loki actor Tom Hiddleston for the idea of sneaking into a theater and seeing the reaction to his Spider-Man: No Way Home cameo.

"One of my first phone calls, and I knew I could tell him because I also knew he knew, was Tom Hiddleston, he's one of my best friends," Cox told Comic Book. In late 2019, the two had starred in a Broadway production of Betrayal together, even swapping their superhero suits for Halloween. Cox revealed that Hiddleston knew about his return as Matthew Murdock in the film, saying, "He was shooting Loki at the time, so he'd spoken to those guys, and he knew, and they knew we were friends, and all that stuff, so he knew about it."

RELATED: Daredevil Star Wants the MCU to Revive the Series on Disney+

Cox said that Hiddleston told him to sneak in a theater to see the "crazy" reaction when his character returned, but Cox had his doubts. "I remember thinking, no it won't. It'll be nice to be there, but I think he's thinking what it would be like for Loki to appear in that moment, where the Loki fan base is unlike anything I've ever seen in my life. But it was nice for him to say, but I didn't really believe it. "

According to Cox, Murdocks' cameo scene was structured to purposely leave room for the audience to react. "We had this shot with the cane, and then the camera comes around before I say anything. I remember them talking about it on set, and I'm like, 'I hope it's worth it, this is dead silent,'" Cox recalled. The actor had to miss the premiere to keep his role a secret, but friends who were there reported back that his cameo prompted a "huge reaction."

RELATED: Sam Jackson Thinks Spider-Man: No Way Home Deserves an Oscar

Cox received many similar messages from other friends and family after the movie released in theaters, and many Daredevil fans even posted on Twitter their thrilled responses. "I'm getting loads of emails and texts, and I knew I was going anyway, but I just wasn't sure when," Cox said, citing traveling and COVID-19 concerns for his uncertainty.

Cox and his wife had the idea of filming his reaction to that of the audience, so it could be released later by either Marvel or Sony as a "nice little moment." Unfortunately for Cox, it didn't work out. "For whatever reason, the theater I was in was dead quiet, it was tumbleweed. I think I heard one person go, one person went, 'Oh,' and that was it. It was a real letdown, it was a shame. You can go online, you can go on YouTube, you can type in, 'Spiderman reaction to Daredevil entrance,' and there are some amazing reactions. I did not get that experience. It's kind of a funny story."

Spider-Man: No Way Home is in theaters now and will be available for digital purchase starting March 22, with physical versions like Blu-ray going on sale April 12.

KEEP READING: Disney+ Is Officially the Streaming Home for Daredevil, Jessica Jones and More

Source: ComicBook.com


Source: Trendz OH

No comments:

Post a Comment